Main Muscle Worked: Abs
Other Muscles: N/A
Mechanics Type: Isolation
1. Kneel below a high pulley that contains a rope attachment.
2. Grasp cable rope attachment and lower the rope until your hands are placed next to your face.
3. Flex your hips slightly and allow the weight to hyperextend the lower back. This will be your
4. With the hips stationary, flex the waist as you contract the abs so that the elbows travel towards
the middle of the thighs. Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement and hold the
contraction for a second.
5. Slowly return to the starting position as you inhale. Tip: Make sure that you keep constant tension
on the abs throughout the movement. Also, do not choose a weight so heavy that the lower back
handles the brunt of the work.
6. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform this exercise with a handle instead so that you can concentrate on each side of the abs separately by performing the exercise to the side.
Alternative Exercises For Cable Crunch
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Cable Crunch
Palms-Down Barbell Wrist Curl
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved