Main Muscle Worked: Abs
Other Muscles: N/A
Mechanics Type: Isolation
1. Lie flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground, or resting on a bench with your knees bent at
a 90 degree angle. If you are resting your feet on a bench, place them three to four inches apart
and point your toes inward so they touch.
2. Now place your hands lightly on either side of your head keeping your elbows in. Tip: Don't lock
your fingers behind your head.
3. While pushing the small of your back down in the floor to better isolate your abdominal muscles,
begin to roll your shoulders off the floor.
4. Continue to push down as hard as you can with your lower back as you contract your abdominals
and exhale. Your shoulders should come up off the floor only about four inches, and your lower
back should remain on the floor. At the top of the movement, contract your abdominals hard and
keep the contraction for a second. Tip: Focus on slow, controlled movement - don't cheat yourself
by using momentum.
5. After the one second contraction, begin to come down slowly again to the starting position as you
6. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: There are many variations for the crunch. You can perform the exercise with weights, or on top of an exercise ball or on a decline bench
Alternative Exercises For Crunches
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Crunches
Palms-Down Barbell Wrist Curl
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved