Main Muscle Worked: Biceps
Other Muscles: Forearms
Mechanics Type: Isolation
1. To perform this movement you will need a preacher bench and an E-Z bar. Grab the E-Z curl
bar at the close inner handle (either have someone hand you the bar which is preferable or
grab the bar from the front bar rest provided by most preacher benches). The palm of your
hands should be facing forward and they should be slightly tilted inwards due to the shape of
2. With the upper arms positioned against the preacher bench pad and the chest against it, hold
the E-Z Curl Bar at shoulder length. This will be your starting position.
3. As you breathe in, slowly lower the bar until your upper arm is extended and the biceps is fully
4. As you exhale, use the biceps to curl the weight up until your biceps is fully contracted and the
bar is at shoulder height. Squeeze the biceps hard and hold this position for a second.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform this exercise also using a low pulley with an E-Z Bar attachment instead. In this case you will need to position the bench in front of the pulley. You may also use a wider grip for variety purposes.
Alternative Exercises For Preacher Curl
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Preacher Curl
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved