Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine
Main Muscle Worked: Calves
Other Muscle: N/A
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine - Images
1. Using a leg press machine, sit down on the machine and place your legs on the platform directly in
front of you at a medium (shoulder width) foot stance.
2. Lower the safety bars holding the weighted platform in place and press the platform all the way up
until your legs are fully extended in front of you without locking your knees. (Note: In some leg press
units you can leave the safety bars on for increased safety. If your leg press unit allows for this, then
this is the preferred method of performing the exercise.) Your torso and the legs should make
perfect 90-degree angle. Now carefully place your toes and balls of your feet on the lower portion of
the platform with the heels extending off. Toes should be facing forward, outwards or inwards as
described at the beginning of the chapter. This will be your starting position.
3. Press on the platform by raising your heels as you breathe out by extending your ankles as high as
possible and flexing your calf. Ensure that the knee is kept stationary at all times. There should be
no bending at any time. Hold the contracted position by a second before you start to go back down.
4. Go back slowly to the starting position as you breathe in by lowering your heels as you bend the
ankles until calves are stretched.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Caution: Be very cautious as you place the feet in the bottom part of the platform as if you slip and the safety bars are not locked then you could suffer a serious accident.
Variations: You can perform this exercise one leg at a time
Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine
Home >> Exercises >> Calves >> Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved