Home >> Exercises >> Chest >> Cable Cross Over
Main Muscle Worked: Chest
Other Muscles: Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Cable Cross Over - Images
Alternative Exercises For Cable Cross Over
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
1. To get yourself into the starting position, place the pulleys on a high position (above your
head), select the resistance to be used and hold the pulleys in each hand.
2. Step forward in front of an imaginary straight line between both pulleys while pulling your
arms together in front of you. Your torso should have a small forward bend from the waist.
This will be your starting position.
3. With a slight bend on your elbows in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, extend
your arms to the side (straight out at both sides) in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on
your chest. Breathe in as you perform this portion of the movement. Tip: Keep in mind that
throughout the movement, the arms and torso should remain stationary; the movement
should only occur at the shoulder joint.
4. Return your arms back to the starting position as you breathe out. Make sure to use the
same arc of motion used to lower the weights.
5. Hold for a second at the starting position and repeat the movement for the prescribed
amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can vary the point in front of you where your arms meet.
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved