Home >> Exercises >> Chest >> Decline Dumbbell Flyes
Main Muscle Worked: Chest
Other Muscles: Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Compound
Decline Barbell Flyes- Images
Alternative Exercises For Decline DB Flyes
1. Secure your legs at the end of the decline bench and lie down with a dumbbell on each hand
on top of your thighs. The palms of your hand will be facing each other.
2. Once you are laying down, move the dumbbells in front of you at shoulder width. The palms
of the hands should be facing each other and the arms should be perpendicular to the floor
and fully extended. This will be your starting position.
3. With a slight bend on your elbows in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, lower your
arms out at both sides in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest. Breathe in as you
perform this portion of the movement. Tip: Keep in mind that throughout the movement, the
arms should remain stationary; the movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
4. Return your arms back to the starting position as you squeeze your chest muscles and
breathe out. Tip: Make sure to use the same arc of motion used to lower the weights.
5. Hold for a second at the contracted position and repeat the movement for the prescribed
amount of repetitions.
Variation: You may want to use a palms facing forward version for different stimulation.
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved