Home >> Exercises >> Chest >> Flat Bench Cable Flyes
Main Muscle Worked: Chest
Other Muscles: Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Flat Bench Cable Flyes - Images
1. Position a flat bench between two low pulleys so that when you are laying on it, your chest will
be lined up with the cable pulleys.
2. Lay flat on the bench and keep your feet on the ground.
3. Have someone hand you the handles on each hand. You will grab each single handle
attachment with a palms up grip.
4. Extend your arms by your side with a slight bend on your elbows. Tip: You will keep this bend
constant through the whole movement. Your arms should be parallel to the floor. This is your
5. Now start lifting the arms in a semi-circle motion directly in front of you by pulling the cables
together until both hands meet at the top of the movement. Squeeze your chest as you perform
this motion and breathe out during this movement. Also, hold the contraction for a second at
the top. Tip: When performed correctly, at the top position of this movement, your arms should
be perpendicular to your torso and the floor touching above your chest.
6. Slowly come back to the starting position.
7. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: Can also be done on an incline or decline bench, or with dumbbells or an exercise band.
Flat Bench Cable Flyes - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Flat Bench Cable Flyes
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved