Home >> Exercises >> Chest >> Incline Cable Flyes
Main Muscle Worked: Chest
Other Muscles: Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Incline Cable Flyes - Images
1. To get yourself into the starting position, set the pulleys at the floor level (lowest level possible
on the machine that is below your torso).
2. Place an incline bench (set at 45 degrees) in between the pulleys, select a weight on each
one and grab a pulley on each hand.
3. With a handle on each hand, lie on the incline bench and bring your hands together at arms
length in front of your face. This will be your starting position.
4. With a slight bend of your elbows (in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon), lower your
arms out at both sides in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest. Breathe in as you
perform this portion of the movement. Tip: Keep in mind that throughout the movement, the
arms should remain stationary. The movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
5. Return your arms back to the starting position as you squeeze your chest muscles and
exhale. Hold the contracted position for a second. Tip: Make sure to use the same arc of
motion used to lower the weights.
6. Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
Variation: You can vary the angle of the bench in order to target the upper chest at slightly different angles.
Incline Cable Flyes - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Incline Cable Flyes
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved