Smith Machine Bench Press
Home >> Exercises >> Chest >> Smith Machine Bench Press
Main Muscle Worked: Chest
Other Muscles: Shoulders. Triceps
Mechanics Type: Compound
Smith Machine Bench Press - Images
1. Place a flat bench underneath the smith machine. Now place the barbell at a height that you
can reach when lying down and your arms are almost fully extended. Once the weight you
need is selected, lie down on the flat bench. Using a pronated grip that is wider than shoulder
width, unlock the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you with your arms locked. This will
be your starting position.
2. As you breathe in, come down slowly until you feel the bar on your middle chest.
3. After a second pause, bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe out and push
the bar using your chest muscles. Lock your arms in the contracted position, hold for a second
and then start coming down slowly again. Tip: It should take at least twice as long to go down
than to come up.
4. Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
5. When you are done, lock the bar back in the rack.
Caution: If you are new at this exercise, it is advised that you use a spotter. If no spotter is available, then be conservative with the amount of weight used.
Same as the Barbell Bench Press but with a Smith Machine.
Smith Machine Bench Press - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Smith Machine Bench Press
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved