Main Muscle Worked: Hamstrings
Other Muscle: Glutes, Lowerback
Mechanics Type: Compound
DB Stiff-Legged DeadLift - Images
1. Grasp a couple of dumbbells holding them by your side at arm's length.
2. Stand with your torso straight and your legs spaced using a shoulder width or narrower stance. The
knees should be slightly bent. This is your starting position.
3. Keeping the knees stationary, lower the dumbbells to over the top of your feet by bending at the
waist while keeping your back straight. Keep moving forward as if you were going to pick something
from the floor until you feel a stretch on the hamstrings. Exhale as you perform this movement
4. Start bringing your torso up straight again by extending your hips and waist until you are back at the
starting position. Inhale as you perform this movement.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Caution: This is not an exercise that is recommended for people with lower back problems. Also, it needs to be treated with the utmost respect paying special attention not to round the back forward as you move the torso down; the back should always be straight. Finally, jerking motions or doing too much weight can injure your back.
Variations: The exercise can also be performed with a barbell also.
DB Stiff-Legged DeadLift - Guide
Alternative Exercises For DB Stiff-Legged DeadLift
Home >> Exercises >> Hamstrings >> DB Stiff-Legged Deadlift
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved