Main Muscle Worked: Hamstrings
Other Muscle: Calves, Glutes, Lower Back
Mechanics Type: Compound
Romanian Deadlift - Images
1. Put a barbell in front of you on the ground and grab it using a pronated (palms facing down) grip
that a little wider than shoulder width. Tip: Depending on the weight used, you may need wrist
wraps to perform the exercise and also a raised platform in order to allow for better range of motion.
2. Bend the knees slightly and keep the shins vertical, hips back and back straight. This will be your
3. Keeping your back and arms completely straight at all times, use your hips to lift the bar as you
exhale. Tip: The movement should not be fast but steady and under control.
4. Once you are standing completely straight up, lower the bar by pushing the hips back, only slightly
bending the knees, unlike when squatting. Tip: Take a deep breath at the start of the movement and
keep your chest up. Hold your breath as you lower and exhale as you complete the movement.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Caution: This is not an exercise that is recommended for people with lower back problems. Also, it needs to be treated with the utmost respect paying special attention not to round the back forward too much as you move the torso. Finally, jerking motions or doing too much weight can injure your back.
Variation: The exercise can also be performed with dumbbells in each hand
Romanian Deadlift - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Romanian Deadlift
Home >> Exercises >> Hamstrings >> Romanian Deadlift
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved