Main Muscle Worked: Lats
Other Muscle: Biceps, MiddleBack, Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Compound
1. Sit down on a pull-down machine with a V-Bar attached to the top pulley.
2. Adjust the knee pad of the machine to fit your height. These pads will prevent your body from
being raised by the resistance attached to the bar.
3. Grab the V-bar with the palms facing each other (a neutral grip). Stick your chest out and lean
yourself back slightly (around 30-degrees) in order to better engage the lats. This will be your
4. Using your lats, pull the bar down as you squeeze your shoulder blades. Continue until your
chest nearly touches the V-bar. Exhale as you execute this motion. Tip: Keep the torso stationary
throughout the movement.
5. After a second hold on the contracted position, slowly bring the bar back to the starting position
as you breathe in.
6. Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Caution: Avoid the temptation to use a weight so big that you need to start swinging your torso in order to perform the exercise.
Alternative Exercises For V-Bar Pulldown
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> V-Bar Pulldown
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved