Main Muscle Worked: Middle Back
Other Muscles: Biceps, Lats
Mechanics Type: Compound
Mid Grip Chin-Up - Images
1. Using a spacing that is just about 1 inch wider than shoulder width, grab a pull-up bar with the
palms of one hand facing forward and the palms of the other hand facing towards you. This will
be your starting position.
2. Now start to pull yourself up as you exhale. Tip: With the arm that has the palms facing up
concentrate on using the back muscles in order to perform the movement. The elbow of that arm
should remain close to the torso. With the other arm that has the palms facing forward, the
elbows will be away but in line with the torso. You will concentrate on using the lats to pull your
3. After a second contraction at the top, start to slowly come down as you inhale.
4. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
5. On the following set, switch grips; so if you had the right hand with the palms facing you and the
left one with the palms facing forward, on the next set you will have the palms facing forward for
the right hand and facing you for the left.
1. If you are new at this exercise and do not have the strength to perform it, use a chin assis
machine if available. These machines use weight to help you push your bodyweight.
2. Otherwise, a spotter holding your legs can help.
3. On the other hand, more advanced lifters can add weight to the exercise by using a weight belt that
allows the addition of weighted plates.
Alternative Exercises For Mid Grip Chin-Up
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Mid Grip Chin-Up
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved