Main Muscle Worked: Middle Back
Other Muscles: Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Compound
One Arm Dumbbell Row - Images
1. Choose a flat bench and place a dumbbell on each side of it.
2. Place the right leg on top of the end of the bench, bend your torso forward from the waist until your
upper body is parallel to the floor, and place your right hand on the other end of the bench fo
3. Use the left hand to pick up the dumbbell on the floor and hold the weight while keeping your
lower back straight. The palm of the hand should be facing your torso. This will be your starting
4. Pull the resistance straight up to the side of your chest, keeping your upper arm close to your side
and keeping the torso stationary. Breathe out as you perform this step. Tip: Concentrate on
squeezing the back muscles once you reach the full contracted position. Also, make sure that the
force is performed with the back muscles and not the arms. Finally, the upper torso should
remain stationary and only the arms should move. The forearms should do no other work except
for holding the dumbbell; therefore do not try to pull the dumbbell up using the forearms.
5. Lower the resistance straight down to the starting position. Breathe in as you perform this step.
6. Repeat the movement for the specified amount of repetitions.
7. Switch sides and repeat again with the other arm.
Variations: One-arm rows can also be performed using a high pulley or a low pulley instead of a dumbbell.
One Arm Dumbbell Row - Guide
Alternative Exercises For One Arm Dumbbell Row
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> One Arm Dumbbell Row
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved