Main Muscle Worked: Quards
Other Muscle: Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Mechanics Type: Compound
1. Using a leg press machine, sit down on the machine and place your legs on the platform directly in
front of you at a medium (shoulder width) foot stance. (Note: For the purposes of this discussion we
will use the medium stance described above which targets overall development; however you can
choose any of the three stances described in the foot positioning section).
2. Lower the safety bars holding the weighted platform in place and press the platform all the way up
until your legs are fully extended in front of you. Tip: Make sure that you do not lock your knees. Your
torso and the legs should make a perfect 90-degree angle. This will be your starting position.
3. As you inhale, slowly lower the platform until your upper and lower legs make a 90-degree angle.
4. Pushing mainly with the ball of your foot and using the quadriceps go back to the starting position
as you exhale.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and ensure to lock the safety pins properly
once you are done. You do not want that platform falling on you fully loaded.
Caution: Always check to make sure that when you re-rack the weight the platform is securely locked.
Variations: All foot stance variations described in the foot stance section.
Home >> Exercises >> Quards >> Leg Press
Alternate Exercises For Leg Press
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved