Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Main Muscle Worked: Shoulders
Other Muscles: Triceps
Mechanics Type: Compound
Dumbbell Shoulder Press - Images
1. While holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on a military press bench or utility bench that has
back support. Place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs.
2. Now raise the dumbbells to shoulder height one at a time using your thighs to help propel
them up into position.
3. Make sure to rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing forward. This is
your starting position.
4. Now, exhale and push the dumbbells upward until they touch at the top.
5. Then, after a brief pause at the top contracted position, slowly lower the weights back down to
the starting position while inhaling.
6. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform the exercise standing or sitting on a regular flat bench. For people with lower back problems, the version described is the recommended one.
Dumbbell Shoulder Press - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Muscle Targeted: Shoulders
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved