Main Muscle Worked: Traps
Other Muscles: N/A
Mechanics Type: Isolation
1. Grasp a cable bar attachment that is attached to a low pulley with a shoulder width or slightly
wider overhand (palms facing down) grip.
2. Stand erect close to the pulley with your arms extended in front of you holding the bar. This will be
your starting position.
3. Lift the bar by elevating the shoulders as high as possible as you exhale. Hold the contraction at
the top for a second. Tip: The arms should remain extended at all times. Refrain from using the
biceps to help lift the bar. Only the shoulders should be moving up and down.
4. Lower the bar back to the original position.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform this exercise with bands, barbells or dumbbell. You can also use a single handle and work one side at a time.
Alternative Exercises For Cable Shrugs
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Cable Shrugs
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved