Main Muscle Worked: Traps
Other Muscles: Middle Back, Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Smith Machine Shrugs - Images
1. To begin, set the bar height on the smith machine around the middle of your thighs. Once the
correct height is chosen and the bar is loaded, grab the bar using a pronated grip (palms facing
you) shoulder width apart from each other.
2. Lift the barbell up and fully extend your arms with your back straight. This is the starting position.
3. While exhaling, elevate the bar by raising your shoulders until they come close to touching your
4. Hold the contraction for a second before lowering the bar back down to the starting position while
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
1. This exercise can be performed using a squat rack with a barbell. However, be careful not to
select a weight that is so heavy that it causes you to break good form as you do not have the
support of the smith machine for this variation. Too much weight can harm your back.
2. You can also use dumbbells to perform this exercise.
Smith Machine Shrugs - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Smith Machine Shrugs
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Smith Machine Shrugs
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved