Main Muscle Worked: Triceps
Other Muscles: Chest, Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Compound
Close Grip Pushups - Images
1. Lie on the floor face down and place your hands closer than shoulder width for a close hand
position. Make sure that you are holding your torso up at arms' length.
2. Lower yourself until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
3. Using your triceps and some of your pectoral muscles, press your upper body back up to the
starting position and squeeze your chest. Breathe out as you perform this step.
4. After a second pause at the contracted position, repeat the movement for the prescribed amount
1. If you are new at this exercise and do not have the strength to perform it, you can either bend your
legs at the knees to take off resistance or perform the exercise against the wall instead of the
2. For the most advanced lifters, you can place your feet at a high surface such as a bench in order
to increase the resistance.
Close Grip Pushups - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Close Grip Pushups
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Close Grip Pushups
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved