Main Muscle Worked: Triceps
Other Muscles: Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Dumbbell Kickback - Images
1. With a dumbbell in one hand and the palm facing your torso, bend your knees slightly and bring
your torso forward, by bending at the waist, while keeping the back straight until it is almost
parallel to the floor. Make sure that you keep the head up.
2. The upper arm should be close to the torso and parallel to the floor while the forearm is pointing
towards the floor as the hand holds the weight. Tip: There should be a 90-degree angle between
the forearm and the upper arm. This is your starting position.
3. Keeping the upper arms stationary, use the triceps to lift the weights as you exhale until the
forearms are parallel to the floor and the whole arm is extended. Like many other arm exercises,
only the forearm moves.
4. After a second contraction at the top, slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position as
5. Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
6. Switch arms and repeat the exercise.
Dumbbell Kickback - Guide
Alternative Exercises For Dumbbell Kickback
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Dumbbell Kickback
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved