Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension
Main Muscle Worked: Triceps
Other Muscles: Chest, Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
DB One Arm Triceps Extension - Images
1. Grab a dumbbell and either sit on a military press bench or a utility bench that has a back support
on it as you place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs or stand up straight.
2. Clean the dumbbell up to bring it to shoulder height and then extend the arm over your head so
that the whole arm is perpendicular to the floor and next to your head. The dumbbell should be on
top of you. The other hand can be kept fully extended to the side, by the waist, supporting the
upper arm that has the dumbbell or grabbing a fixed surface.
3. Rotate the wrist so that the palm of your hand is facing forward and the pinkie is facing the ceiling.
This will be your starting position.
4. Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as you hold the upper arm stationary. Inhale as you
perform this movement and pause when your triceps are fully stretched.
5. Return to the starting position by flexing your triceps as you breathe out. Tip: It is imperative that
only the forearm moves. The upper arm should remain at all times stationary next to your head.
6. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and switch arms.
Variations: You can also do this using a rope instead of a
DB One Arm Triceps Extension - Guide
Alternative Exercises For DB One Arm Triceps Extension
Cable Rope Over Head Triceps Extension
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension
Seated DB Triceps Extension
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved