Main Muscle Worked: Triceps
Other Muscles: N/A
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Triceps Pushdown - Images
1. Attach a straight or angled bar to a high pulley and grab with an overhand grip (palms facing
down) at shoulder width.
2. Standing upright with the torso straight and a very small inclination forward, bring the upper arms
close to your body and perpendicular to the floor. The forearms should be pointing up towards th
pulley as they hold the bar. This is your starting position.
3. Using the triceps, bring the bar down until it touches the front of your thighs and the arms are fully
extended perpendicular to the floor. The upper arms should always remain stationary next to your
torso and only the forearms should move. Exhale as you perform this movement.
4. After a second hold at the contracted position, bring the bar slowly up to the starting point. Breathe
in as you perform this step.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: There are many variations to this movement. For instance you can use an E-Z bar attachment as well as a V-angled bar that allows the thumb to be higher than the small finger. Also, you can attach a rope to the pulley as well as using a reverse grip on the bar exercises
Alternative Exercises For Triceps Pushdown
Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment
Home >> Exercises >> Shoulders >> Triceps Pushdown
D e d i c a t i o n - M o t i v a t i o n - T r a n s f o r m a t i o n
Copyright © 2011 GuruMann - US. All rights reserved